Thursday, April 26, 2007

NaPoWriMo 04.22.07

Lil' Johns in Low Places

Lil' John and I were in a low place last night
literally: Sputnik (down in the Brooklyn earth)
and figuratively: I was missing someone,
and Lil' John was smiling and hiding his eyes
and protecting his reflective dentures
from the camera flashes.

But a pixie picked me up;
and as I picked my way home
through the mighty Lafayette Gardens
project, my head was clear: no eggs
or foggy notions beset me
on that particular tonight.

1 comment:

Reen said...

I don't know who your Lil John is, but Littlejohn's is a delicious Charlottesville, Virginia sandwich shop where I have spent many an afternoon scarfing down a delicious item known as "The Fair Maiden."

Whoever thought of putting ranch dressing on a turkey sandwich -- I award this person a posthumous Nobel prize.