Thursday, February 09, 2017
-- after Ron Padgett
Down here in the laundry room
I lord over a tiny city
made of cleaning products.
For these base-colored buildings,
I am a tidy act of god
calling forth natural disasters
named Speed Wash
or Delicates. I hope
you'll come home soon
before an entire civilization,
a brief history, the epic song
of our two dirty lives
is cleaned to death.
- Name: Shafer
Click on the stoned vaqueros to get your very own copy of Never Cry Woof!
- What makes you cry?A cold and lonely road at nigh...
- THE TEXAS PLEASER The sunset is focused and re...
- FAUST STREET BRIDGE When the cold has cheated its ...
- FIVE LINES ABOUT THE SEA
- I'M NEVER GOING BACK to TITTY MOUNTAIN It was 963 ...
- THE CHARLESESwe are a tremendous and foggy people;...
- Broken Slinkies
- Fireman's Lift
- THE BUTCH BRUSH Wide as an oar and black as aspha...
Poems & Collaborations
Bedside Guide to No Tell Motel (featuring poems by Maureen, Shanna, and I)